Natural Stone Show, UK’s one and only number one stone exhibition is behind us. As partners, Treniq is very delighted to announce that the show was a success and a phenomenal floor for global suppliers and trade professionals to meet and network. Besides, the show was a hot spot for emerging trends, latest in innovation and design and a very impressive and large conversation on sustainability and eco-friendly alternatives to regular surface materials.
The VIP Programme
Treniq’s buyers were invited to a 2 day VIP experience at the show. The show managers did a stupendous job of making sure that our VIP buyers were taken around to every stall to meet with suppliers relevant to the industry and theme. Special attention was paid to ensure that these buyers benefit from these meetings. Suppliers included an array of hospitality, commercial as well as residential focussed suppliers. Buyers also participated in networking meetings and lunches that not helped bring about an amicable atmosphere but also helped in gaining access into each others style of work.
- A selection from the best of British Stone including iconic indigenous stones from Lovell Stone Group (Stand E19) including Purbeck, Somerset Lias, Hartham Park Bath Stone, Chicksgrove & Chilmark and Hurdcott Green Sandstone.
- Exploration of the Spanish Pavilion (Area B25), sampling granite from Granitos Cardenosa; ‘Arival, The Grey Stone’ from Aridos Valdebezana; the renowned slate of Naturpiedra JBernardos; limestone from Piedra de Bonar; and sandstone from Pinacas and Areniscas Sierra de la Demand.
- Learning from the exhibitors about 136 innovative new materials in the curated MaterialDistrict expo (Area J60).
- Visiting the Natural Stone Specialist stand (P68a) to take advantage of a half price annual magazine subscription with a free Natural Stone Directory.
- Afternoon cocktails from 3.30pm at the Apulia Region Pavilion (Stand A60) and appreciating Italian stone, design and technology at its finest from De Santis E Graniti, CNC Design di Brunetti, Fato Stone, Marmi Strada, Mosaico Digitale and Stilmarmo.
- The latest CNC machine technology on aisles A to D where we saw all the big names including Intermac, Breton, Omag, Comandulli, Thibaut, Montressor, Achilli, Sassomeccanica, Emmedue, Marmo Meccanica, Prussiani and many more.
MaterialDistrict presents Innovation Meets Design
During the Hard Surfaces 2019 exhibition at ExCeL London (30 April-2 May), we enjoyed a MaterialDistrict feature exploring the theme of Innovation Meets Design. Honing in on ground-breaking hard materials for architecture and design, MaterialDistrict had created a 200m² curated experience of 136 international surfaces. Unexpected performance and innovative aesthetics were found in materials featured for their light weight, their recycled content, their durability and other distinct properties and visual appeal. These are hard surfaces you might never have seen before to excite and inspire you.
The development of hard materials is all about new surfaces, sustainable challenges, and creative digital techniques for smarter ways to add that wow-factor to construction. What are the latest developments? As well as those materials already familiar to the sector such as sintered, solid surfaces and quartz, how about cast basalt, industrial metallic finishes, spandrel glass, acoustic lightweight concrete, curvy natural stone paper or 3D printed structural support beams.
MaterialDistrict had selected 136 materials to highlight products such as recycled trash terrazzo, translucent materials, others that absorb CO², smart composites – even one combining stone with wood – water-absorbing tiles and much more. It was a truly remarkable experience which you have to see and touch — experience it to believe it.
Seminar – Marrying Tradition to Technology
Joe Simpson, Editor of Tile & Stone Journal and Diary of a Tile Addict blogger chaired a series of talks on the most-advanced manufacturing technologies and the design trends they facilitate, presented by leading exponents in their specific areas of the market – Neolith, Domus, Rocersa, Vives and Grespania.
Visitors could choose from over 50 seminars and an array of other CPD activities at both the Natural Stone Show and Hard Surfaces Show. Needless to say, the show highlighted a refreshingly new way to view surfaces and flooring.
Treniq is an international interiors network where you can buy or sell luxury interior products, discover design professionals, connect and build relationships, trade using easy and efficient tools. Create your free trade account today or contact us for more information at [email protected].