This is a guest feature by the luxury interior design firm, Callender Howorth.
Callender Howorth, the luxury interior design firm, is excited to announce the unveiling of its latest design project: the remodelling of a Grade II listed building on the much sought-after Heath Drive in Hampstead, North London.
This 3-storey Heath Drive home is located within the Hampstead Conservation Area and was built in 1905. One among a number of ‘Arts and Crafts‘ houses constructed at the turn of the 20th century by the celebrated architect CHB Quennell, the historic property had already undergone conversion into three separate apartments in the 1970’s.
When Callender Howorth was approached with the project the request was: to return the property to its original form, with a modern take on the ‘Art and Crafts‘ style. Another key element of the brief was to infuse the project with design and styling references to the client’s Indian heritage.
The design project took a year and a half to complete. While working closely with the planning department and English Heritage, the talented team at Callender Howorth were able to plan the three floors into a state of the art home that met with client requirements along with planning department and heritage approval.
- Callender Howorth while undertaking it approached the interior project with a focus on adding light and enhancing the views of the stunning back garden.
- Fretwork was commissioned that draws upon distinctive Indian motives.
- Modern and updated technology was also integrated into the house for lighting, security and audio-visual systems.
- An exclusive wine room was created as an extension from the kitchen and was custom-designed to house the an impressive fine wine collection.
- Callender Howorth’s expert interior stylists sourced all furniture and furnishings used keeping in mind the client specifically.
- Traditional and vintage pieces were sourced directly from India.
- Two gorgeous paintings from the famous Indian artist Sakti Burman were sourced and mounted in the drawing room.
Mark Howorth who is the founder of Callender Howorth and an award-winning designer, is also regarded as London’s premier interior designers. He is passionate about design, inspired by colour and materials, and perpetually fascinated by the dynamics of space and layout. He has over 20 years of experience working with an international clientele on conception to realisation of stunning, bespoke, high-end interior design projects, including some of the largest luxury residential projects in the city of London.
About Callender Howorth
Callender Howorth was founded by Mark Howorth in 1997 and is a luxury interior design practice. Its talented team of luxury interior designers in London offer state of the art interior architecture, interior design, styling and furniture, garden design, project management and a complete build service for luxury residences and commercial spaces. The practice has a portfolio of completed projects across the UK, France, Switzerland and the USA. For more information visit www.callenderhoworth.com.
Treniq is an international interiors network where you can discover design professionals,
connect and build relationships, and trade using easy and efficient tools. We enable professional buyers like interior designers, stylists, architects, and property developers to source
luxury interior products from furniture,
lifestyle to rugs, art, su